Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Crackers for AberDabers - Car Spotting

Ahhh Dear Readers, how long it's been...

Well The not so fun news is that I left the Canon G10 camera in the back of a taxi so the photos are not going to be as much fun from now on... sorry about that.

I am happy to report to you all that the rumours of the cars here are mostly true. In the first week in Dubai I can claim an excellent tally:

Lamborghinis: 5
Police Cars: 2













I cant show you all the mildly interesting cars as that would be every second one on the street. Let me just say that BMW X5 and Porsche Cayenne's are as common as dirt and only just behind them are BMW 740's. As you recall, this is the view from my window here. At any time down there you will find BMW's (there are 2 Z3's on the next corner), a resident Nissan GTR, any number of different Merc's and CLS AMGs are an special favourite here. All gets a little ho hum.









Ho hum, just another car park.

So we resort to the unusual, starting with the FJ Cruiser. I had never seen one of these before but they are common as dirt here and I think a little ugly.



















The always amusing left hand drive commodore










And the jags... the XF and the XK... hmmmm XK



















BTW we didnt see any abandoned ferraris at the airport in Dubai although there was a BMW X5 that was sitting on the street for the 2 weeks we were there.

The good news is that Jebel Hafeet is this weekend! A BMW 530 will have to do the job for us... Stay Tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment